Nicolas Arestrup is a French actor, screenwriter and director, who won three Césars for The Beat My Heart Skipped, A Prophet and Quai d’Orsay. He is well known for playing characters in A Prophet (2009), War Horse (2011) and Diplomacy (2014).
Arestrup was born on February 8, 1949 (Tuesday) in Montreuil, Seine [now Seine-Saint-Denis, France] of Danish parents and a Breton mother. He is 73 years old in 2022 and his zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Height (approx): 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Eye colour: Blue
- Hair color: Grey White
Family and ethnicity
Parents and siblings
Her mother is of French descent while her father is Danish.
Relationships/Affairs, Wife, Children
Currently, he is married to Isabelle Le Nouvel (actress and director), whom he met on September 15, 2012. The couple have two children together.
As an actor, his television series debut was with Gentlemen of the Jury (1974). In the same year, he also had a role in the film Stavisky. As a writer, he wrote three films, Du blues dans la tête (1981), Le Candidat (2007) and Le temps de cerfs (2008). He made his directorial debut with The Candidate (2007.)
- 1981 – Blues in the Head as screenwriter
- 2007 -The Candidate as director and screenwriter
As an actor
- 1999 Critics Syndicate Award for Best Actor in Copenhagen
- 2006 César Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Beat My Heart Skipped
- César 2010 for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for A Prophet
- 2010 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor in A Prophet
- 2010 International Cinephile Society for Best Supporting Actor in A Prophet
- César 2014 for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in The French Minister
- 2015 Valladolid International Film Festival Award for Best Actor in Diplomacy
- 2017 Globe de Cristal Awards for Best Actor in a Play
- Molière 2020 for best actor in red
Facts / Anecdotes
- Since 2014, he is the only actor to have won three Césars for Best Supporting Actor.
- He turned down a major role in the Netflix series, Lupin.
- It was in 2012, at the age of 72, that he became the father of twins, a girl and a boy. However, he has always been afraid of being a parent, here is what he says about it:
“I didn’t want children, I was always barred elsewhere, on tour, filming,” admits the movie star. In addition to the time he lacked, the actor admits his fear of becoming a father: “At the beginning, these beings, very organic with the mother, impressed me, paralyzed me”, he continues.