Gilles Lellouche is a French actor, director and screenwriter. He has appeared in over fifty films since 1995 and has been nominated for several awards.
Lellouche was born on Wednesday July 5, 1972 (50 years old; as of 2022) in Savigny-sur-Orge, France. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. He studied at the Jeanne-d’Arc college in Fontainebleau. He then joined the Cours Florent.
Height (approx): 5′ 10¾” (1.8m)
Eye colour: Black
Hair color: Black
Family and ethnicity
His parents’ names are unknown but his mother was of Irish descent. She was a singer. His father was Algerian. He was a builder, jeweler and chief accountant. Philippe Lellouche (French playwright and actor) is his brother.
Relationships/Affairs, Wife, Children
He married Mélanie Doutey (French actress) and the couple have a daughter Ava (born September 5, 2009 in Paris.) The couple divorced in 2013 and now share custody of their daughter.
He then dated Marie Gillain (a Belgian actress.)
Since 2022, he has been dating Alizée Guinochet (a French actress.)
His vocation for the theater began at the age of twelve when his French teacher, Patricia Brassem, asked him to play the main role in Molière’s comedy Les Fourberies de Scapin. He indeed began his film career not as an actor but as a director of short films (2 minutes 36 of happiness (1996), Pourkoi… passkeu (2001), the latter being part of the program “Zéro un” produced by Luc Besson ) . As a young actor, he played a few small roles, including Michel Hazanavicius’ first film, Mes Amis (1999). Guillaume Canet gave him a supporting role in his first feature film as a director, Mon idole (2002). In 2005, he made his film debut in the thriller Anthony Zimmer by Jérôme Salle. He played the role of a cumbersome best friend in the comedy Ma vie en l’air, an acclaimed romantic comedy by Rémi Bezançon. It was a huge success. Guillaume Canet produced three feature films in 2006: the romantic comedy On va s’aimer, written and directed by Ivan Calbérac, and the thriller Tell No One. In 2007, he played in two choral films: the dramatic comedy Ma place au Soleil, by Éric de Montalier, and the drama Paris, by Cédric Klapisch.
In the 2010s, he managed to get by by playing only in comic supporting roles. The decade begins with the adventure film Les Aventures extraordinaires d’Adèle Blanc-Sec directed by Luc Besson. In addition, he had another big hit with Guillaume Canet, Les Petits Mouchoirs. It even earned him a nomination for the 2011 Césars in the Best Supporting Actor category.
In 2015, he returned to humor with the detective comedy Les Gorilles, his third feature film. Subsequently, he was part of the cast of the choral comedy Belles Familles, by Jean-Paul Rappeneau. Finally, he holds the third leading role in the independent film Sky, directed by Fabienne Berthaud. By embodying his own role in the satire Rock’N’Roll by Guillaume Canet, he confirms his return to comedy. He also made a theatrical performance in the historic international co-production HHhH, by Cédric Jimenez.
The choral comedy Le Grand Bain is his first film as a solo director in 2018. It was also selected at the Cannes Film Festival.
- César 2006: Nomination for the César for best male hope for Ma vie en l’air
- César 2011: César nomination for Best Supporting Actor for Les Petits Mouchoirs
- 2011: Patrick-Dewaere Prize for Les Petits Mouchoirs
- César 2018: Nomination for the César for best actor in a supporting role for Le Sens de la fête
- Caesar 2019:
César nomination for best director for Le Grand Bain
Nomination for the César for best original screenplay for Le Grand Bain, with Ahmed Hamidi and Julien Lambroschini
César nomination for best actor for Pupille
- Honorary citizen of the City of Fontainebleau (2016)
- President of the Jury of the 12th edition of the Nikon Film Festival
Facts / Anecdotes
- The Nutty Professor was Gilles Lellouche’s favorite childhood film.
- His best friends are Jean Dujardin, Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet.
- He starred in four films with Marion Cotillard: Boomer (2001), Love Me If You Dare (2003), Ma vie en l’air (2005) and Little White Lies (2010).
- He has been on the cover of many magazines including Psychologies, GQ France, etc.
- Her first Instagram photo was from June 3, 2016. It was a photo of a beautiful sunset from the beach.