Izabel Goulart is a Brazilian model. She is best known for being one of Victoria’s Secret Angels from 2005 to 2008 and for her work with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and Armani Exchange.
Goulart was born on Tuesday, October 23, 1984.in Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo. Her full name is Maria Izabel Goulart Dourado. Her zodiac sign is Libra. School was a particularly difficult time for Goulart, as she was teased for her skinny figure and called names such as “giraffe”.
Height (approx): 5’9
Eye colour: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Family and ethnicity
She is of Portuguese and Italian descent.
Parents and Siblings
The names of Izabel’s parents are not known.
She has four brothers and one sister. His youngest brother, Guilherme, was diagnosed with diabetes when he was just one year old. His other brothers are Douglas Goulart Dourado and Willian Goulart Dourado (businessman.)
Relationships/Affairs, Wife, Children
In 2006, she was dating Brazilian businessman Marcelo HL da Costa. The couple got engaged in 2009 but after 8 years of being together, they ended their relationship.
In 2015, she started dating German footballer Kevin Trapp, the Eintracht Frankfurt goalkeeper. On July 5, 2018, they announced their engagement.
In a very funny incident, when she was shopping with her mother at the age of 14, a hairdresser suggested that she become a model. She then decided and moved to the state capital, São Paulo, and started modeling. After her moved to France to develop his career. Goulart returned to São Paulo in August 2001 (aged 16), where she joined her former Success agency. Her career in the Brazilian fashion world was established by Ney Alves, currently director of Major Models Brazil.
Izaebel Goulart and Ralph Lauren
Even though she is one of the greatest models of all time, her career started with a bad event. She experienced a wardrobe malfunction during her very first show! She declares,
“For some reason everyone was wearing clothes and they put a bikini on me,” she says. “They tied the bikini and put the top part behind my back and I was like, ‘Guys, this is not going to work. I don’t feel comfortable with that. He is about to fall. They’re like, ‘No, you’re fine. Go girl, go! And then I started going down. I was nervous it was my first time and I felt my bikini top fall off. As I walked I felt like something was slowly coming down and I was like, “Oh my God, oh my God, help me”, and when I was completely in front of the photographers, he fell. I was just frozen and saw everyone around me standing there clapping and laughing.
Izabel says it was one of the most humbling and embarrassing moments for her. However, she was able to put it all behind her and returned to the runway for all the A-list designers like Bill Blass, Jill Sander, Michael Kores, Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney!
Izabel Goulart signs with Victoria’s Secret
In 2005, Izabel moved to the United States where she signed a multi-year contract with the VS. Her first show was with Gisèle Bündchen, Marisa Miller, Adriana Lima, Petra Nemcova and Alessandra Ambrosio. The Brazilian bombshell made her debut for the company later that year, modeling a bikini made of candy at the 2005 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. “It was so delicious,” she says. “I felt like I was talking to myself. I was like, ‘OK Izabel, if you’re a good girl, don’t drop anything, and if you don’t drop, you deserve to eat your outfit more late. And that’s what I did. It was so sweet. It was so delicious. She received a star on Hollywood’s “Walk of Fame” ahead of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2007.
Izabel Goulart on Entourage
Izabel has since made several appearances in major commercials for Cori, Diesel, Forum, G Series, Osklen, Pollini, Triton, Valfrance, Yohji Yamamoto, Zoomp, and more. In 2007, she made her acting debut with a supporting role in the hit HBO series Entourage. In mid-2013, she became the face of MAC Cosmetics’ Tropical Taboo line and did a photo shoot with Zee Nunes for the October edition of vogue Brazil in an editorial titled “Olympiada Fashion”.
In 2011 Goulart appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She can be seen in the spring/summer 2011 campaign for Dolce and Gabbana, the pre-fall 2011 campaign for Givenchy, the 10th anniversary collection for Yamamay and the fall/winter 2011 campaign for DKNY Jeans. She ranked number 100 in FHM the magazine’s list of the 100 Sexiest Women Alive the same year. This is also the year she also appears on one of the four covers of Elle Brasil.
- In 2007, Goulart won the “Toshiba Cool Planet Award” from Cool Magazine in the “Best Model” category.
- As a Victoria’s Secret Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” in May 2007.
Film: City of Angels
Singer: Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam
songs: “Black” and “Daughter” by Pearl Jam
- Skiing is one of her favorite activities and you can often see her going on ski trips with her friends!
- She likes to practice yoga every morning.
- She loves the beach and the pool. She has many photos on her Instagram account where we see her swimming.
- She can also ride a horse.
- She adores children and is often seen with her niece Dudhiana. She even accompanies him sometimes to the gymnasium.
- She does a lot of boxing to stay in shape.
- When she was in Paris in 2019, she learned a new skill: skateboarding!
- Although health is important to her, she does not compromise on indulging herself a little. She is often seen eating spaghetti and pizza while traveling! Most of the time, however, she is seen having fruit and vegetable infused water and raw fruits and vegetables.
- She announced her engagement on July 5, 2018 to longtime boyfriend Kevin Trapp.
- She’s been on the cover of magazines like Harper’s Bazaar, Glamor and Quem.
- She is part of the Nike Training Club.
- She has a pet dog she calls “Princess Harlow”.
- In 2016 for the Rio Olympics, she was selected as a brand ambassador for Time Brasil, the official committee of the Olympics in Brazil.
- She had a wardrobe malfunction while on her balcony in Saint-Tropez.
- She has 4.6 million followers on Instagram.
- She posed topless several times for her photo shoot.
- She feels that a difficult part of being a model is staying away from home and her mother’s home-cooked meals. She says, “The hardest part of being [a Victoria’s Secret Angel] it’s that I spend time away from my mother’s food and away from home with my five siblings.
- She can speak Portuguese, English and French. She says she would also like to learn Italian.
- She says she doesn’t like her man being late for the first date.
- She says that contrary to popular opinions that she likes to live a model life, she is very simple and wants to keep things natural.
- Izabel Goulart does charity work, helping hospitals in her native Brazil raise funds to provide free insulin to diabetic children in need. She has also been active with the Diabetes Research Institute (DRI) at the University of Miami, a recognized leader in cure-oriented research. In 2009, Goulart became the DRI’s International Ambassador and as such has helped promote the work of the DRI throughout her travels.
- Goulart appeared in an episode of Two and a Half Men (season 4, episode 9: “Corey’s Been Dead for an Hour”)
- She made an appearance in the thirteenth episode of season 3 of Entourage alongside fellow Angel Alessandra Ambrosio.