Frenchman Hervé Temime specializes in criminal law and specializes in general criminal law, business criminal law and litigation, he founded his firm in 2008.
Hervé Temime was born in 1957 in Algiers [El Djazaïr], Algeria in a family of bourgeois merchants. His family immigrated to France in 1961. When he was only ten years old, his father died. When he was 10, he watched Emile Pollak speak on a televised debate and aspired to become a criminal lawyer. He obtained his scientific baccalaureate with honors at the Lycée Hoche before joining Sciences-Po. Although having abandoned his studies, he decided to become a lawyer and enrolled in the law faculties of Sceaux and then Assas.
- Eye colour: Black
- Hair color: Black
Family and ethnicity
Parents and siblings
Algerian by birth, he grew up in Versailles with his family, where he settled in 1961. His father died when he was ten years old.
Relationships/Affairs, Wife, Children
The actress Valérie Lemercier and he had been in a relationship for seven years.
His career as an independent civil servant began in 1979, shortly after his admission to the Versailles bar. At only 25 years old, he had already pleaded more than fifty times before the assizes. As part of the Versailles Bar internship conference, he became its first secretary in 1980. The Paris Bar admitted him in 1983. It was his meeting with Thierry Herzog in 1980 that led him to his arrival in Paris, where he begins training with him on the Quai Saint-Michel. With Thierry Herzog and Pierre Haïk, he formed “the three Hs” in the 1980s: the three men together handled most drug cases and banditry hearings. Its expertise extended from the end of the 1980s through the processing of COGEMA and COGEDIM files, then the RPR files that followed. market and focused on criminal law. It was in 1991 that he founded the association of criminal lawyers, of which he is still the honorary president. He was also a member of the Council of the Order between 1999 and 2002. Temime & Associés, a law firm specializing in defense and criminal litigation, was founded by him in 2008 in the presence of partners and associates.
With growing economic sanctions on corporations and increasingly complex financial matters, the firm has tripled its staff over the years. In 2016, she opened an office in Marseille, France. Bernard Tapie was one of his clients, as were Roman Polanski, Stéphane Delajoux, François-Marie Banier (Woerth-Bettencourt affair), Gérard Depardieu, Alain Afflelou, Jean-Noël Guérini, Hedi Slimane, Jacques Servier, Maureen Kearney, Nathalie Baye, Catherine Deneuve, Patrick Bruel or the Le Roux family (Le Roux affair).
He has written two books named, La Défense dans la peau, Stock editions (2012) and Secret Défense, Gallimard editions (2020)
The French films Polisse, Un prophet and Mon Roi all feature Hervé Temime as a lawyer or prosecutor.
His status as one of the most famous lawyers in France has been recognized by GQ magazine. The firm has twice received the “Trophées du Droit” in 2018 and 2019 in the corporate criminal defense category, and according to the American legal journal “Best Lawyers”, Hervé Temime was named “Lawyer of the Year” in defense for the “business criminal law” category in 2019. At the Law Trophies ceremony in November 2012, Temime et Associés won the Gold Award in the business criminal law category.
- Hervé Temime is the lawyer for French actor Gérard Depardieu, accused of rape and sexual assault, which were allegedly committed in 2018 against an actor in his twenties.
- Hervé Temime is the lawyer for award-winning director Roman Polanski, wanted in the United States for decades after admitting to having sex with a minor.
Facts / Anecdotes
- Hervé Temime has acted in numerous media lawsuits, such as those involving Clearstream, Roman Polanski, Liliane Bettencourt and François-Marie Banier. He has also represented business leaders like Alain Afflelou, Bernard Tapie, Jacques Servier and celebrities like Gérard Depardieu, Dr Delajoux who operated on Johnny Halliday, Nathalie Baye, Catherine Deneuve, Laura Smet and Antoine Zaccharias.
- In addition, he has defended clients in numerous major cases such as those involving Agnès Le Roux-Agnelet, Cogema and Cogedim, the RPR, Thomson/Lagardère, Executive Life, Erika, Angolagate or Jean-Nöel Guerini.
- The blissful entrepreneur who wrote an autobiography, “Defense in the skin”, Hervé Temime talks about his career and his passion for his profession. In 2012, he mentioned a website that would protect the principle of the presumption of innocence in a course at the Sciences Po Law School. In January 2013, Lucas Sebban and Aaron Bass put this idea into practice by launching the site Web presumeinnocent.com, an organization that provides a platform for people in litigation.
- Also, Hervé Temime has an overflowing passion for his job. Without a father, for this renowned criminal lawyer “there is behind many lawyers an inconsolable child”, and adds that “the great criminal lawyers are all orphans and this profession can only correspond to neurotic personalities”.
- Hervé Temime does not drink or smoke, but enjoys equally satisfying pleasures in his spare time. They are pleasures based on calculation, chance, or even a combination of the two. His father was a former bridge champion and says he learned it from him.
- At the age of 10, he lost his father, who was a doctor.
- Temime & Associés, a criminal law firm he founded in 2008, specializes in criminal law.